Our partner FCRB is searching for a pre-doctoral fellow to support work with the EuCanImage consortium. This position will help build a secure and scalable European imaging platform to support advanced research in distributed machine learning in support of liver cancer radiomics. This exciting effort is coupled with ongoing research in cancer imaging research project.
Required qualifications and skills:
- Degree in Medicine or equivalent
- Board certified radiologists, or solid research record with a focus on abdominal radiology image analysis by the position’s start date
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong knowledge of medical imaging and quantitative image analysis.
- Experience and interest in machine learning techniques applied to image analysis.
- Domain knowledge in medical imaging and biomedical research.
- Knowledge in statistical package (spss, sas or similar) as user level.
This position offers collaborative and independent research opportunities working with Dr. Jordi Rimola, local Principal
The major responsibilities include: analyzing data, image segmentation and image annotation, preparing manuscripts suitable for publication in leading journals. Also, participating in additional research projects, collaborating with Principal Investigators in the department and the research networks we have joined.
The successful candidate will work closely with interdisciplinary staff and faculty and with other research team members.
This position is a one-year appointment with option to an additional one. We envisage a two-year contract, which will allow the production of articles that will serve as a basis for doing the PhD at University of Barcelona.
For more information download the full job description and details how to apply here. The application deadline is 31/07/2021.